Well, our bags are packed and we’re madly dashing around doing last minute chores before leaving the big city of Calgary.
Here are some of the things I will miss the most;
- Nose Hill Park, the wildflowers that I walk by every day always amazes me. And how fun to walk by gaggles of children out on a field trip singing,”Down by the Bay, where the watermelons grow”, ad naseum, just like we used to do a million years ago.
- I will miss the wild winds and the way they move the grasses on the hillsides… I always think of ghosts running up the hill whenever I see those stalks wavering in the wind, quite an amazing sight.
- I will miss the bright blue colour of the cold river waters and watching surfers tackling the waves in the middle of the city.
- I will miss walking through Kensington, enjoying Oolong tea with my family and running to an afternoon movie at a local theater just minutes away.
- I will miss Shakespeare on the Bow and the beautiful setting of the Cochrane market.
But most of all— I will miss the people that I have met here. Really good people, kind and funny and full of life! How lucky to have met so many great and intelligent friends. Goodbye big city, you have changed me and very much for the better.
( I meant to send this post off before we left— we have now unpacked our bags and are settling in to our new home)